Thursday, May 15, 2008

Damn you food!

Seriously...my falafel sandwich was so good...and the fries with mayo garlic dip were dreamy, but man, my stomach is in knots. Giant knots of pain and torture.

And this on top of the pain I was already feeling in my nether regions.

Argh. Ugh. Ick.

I have a top secrept knitting project I'm avoiding starting. I'm fine once my projects are started, I just hate the first few stitches. They drive me insane. I'm unlike every other knitter around...I like the monatiny of working on the body of a sweater, I hate starting it or working on the sleeves or seaming it...I like all the boring in the middle. I wonder what that says about me. I like tedious tasks that let me get completely wrapped up in my thoughts? I really enjoy watching stupid tv shows while actually getting things accomplished?

I'm going to try my hand at writing patterns soon. Its not really that difficult, the math doesn't scare me at all, and its gotten so easy to sell them yourself. PDF's have made life easier.

I was also contemplating writing again too. I'd like to think I could go back to poetry and be as skilled and talented as I used to be, but I don't know. Even essay writing makes me nervous. Whenever I think about writing I picture it as a big pool, and I'm standing next to the deep end and I don't want to jump in. Cause, you know, I could die, or make an ass out of myself, or come to the realization that I suck at everything I used to be good at. (i was never good at swimming, but I digress)

I'm a total whimp. I think that's the moral of my story.

No comments: