I feel so out of the blogging loop. I have nothing but time on my hands, but zero interest in writing anything. Quite a pickle to be in.
It seems the more obsessively I work on a knitting project, the longer it takes to complete. I've been hard at work on the most mind-numbingly boring shawl, but it never seems to be finished. I'm always about 50 rows away. How can this be? I must be knitting into a black hole or something. All the work I put into it somehow manifests itself somewhere else, maybe in a parallel dimension of some kind.
And, to drive me absolutely insane, I snapped my second pair of 3 32" circs. I was heartbroken the first time. So in my grief I not only ordered a second bamboo set, but also smooth, unbreakable steel, just in case. And of course, the just in case happened sooner then I had hoped. In the middle of a dark movie theater no less. (Thankfully I had a back up project with me.) I love bamboo, but seriously...two expensive circular needles snapping in a row will make a girl change her knitting preferences.
- Only use metal needles for anything below a 5.
- Always bring a back up project to a movie.
My knitting front is a bit stalled. So, other things:
- I have my second cold of the season. Thank you general population for screwing up my week
- Children of Men is an amazing movie. I can't even use adjectives to describe it because nothing I could say would do it justice. It made me feel like I got kicked in the gut repeatedly, and I'm fine with that feeling. Go see it, go see it now.
- Rome will be premiering next week. This season is chock full of sex, violence, and death. I love ancient history.
- I think my knitter's elbow may be binging to ache. I'm not at all happy about this.
- If I'm as awesome as every temp agency in the world has told me I am, why am I not working yet?
- I have a new found obsession with football. I have watched the last 5 Eagles games voluntarily. I have found myself so into the games Aaron has begun telling me to calm down repeatedly. I nearly threw a water bottle at the television......but come on...the Eagles so should have gotten their 65 yard touchdown! They were robbed.
I'm sure there's more, but I have a feeling that my stuffed nose has pushed past my nasal cavity and into my brain. Everything seems very jumbled. Damn you cold virus!
Is it 2008 yet?