Saturday, September 29, 2007

Practice makes perfect.

Maybe if I post regularly I'll get so into the habit I won't let it drop off for months anymore.

Too bad I have very little to say right now. I'm so full of conversations and loud noises all day at work that the last thing I want to do when I'm at home is be communicative. (well, I'm constantly talking to Aaron, but he doesn't count, he lives with me, proximity makes it easier to keep conversations going)

Lists have become my new best friends. And short bullet points are easier to read then full complete paragraphs.

I've finally been not so lazy about acquiring new cds. I work a few blocks from a record store but never bothered to walk over there. I blame the summer heat and lack of money. But I have finally started to fatten up my music collection. And..well..after listening to the same dozen albums on my Ipod for 6 months straight, it was time to listen to something else.

So....new albums I have recently picked up and have fallen head over heels in love with:
- Iron and Wine - The Shepard's Dog. Ok, this actually just came out, but I can't get enough of it. I want to play it non-stop in my head at all times. His voice...oh lord his voice.
- Sufjan Stevens - Michigan. I'm still confused as to why I didn't like him when I first heard him years ago. I had it in my head I didn't like it....but he sounds like every other band I listen to. I'm glad I've finally turned. His music is lovely.
- Hayden - Skyscraper National Park. I've wanted this album for ages but never seemed to order it. I've heard it before, but that doesn't make me love it any less.
- Denison Witmer - Are You a Dreamer. He's from Lancaster, PA. He knits...even going so far as to knit the entire cover of this album. He's friends with Innocence Mission and don Peris produced his album with Karen singing on a handful of the tracks. Its beautiful. Its quiet and lovely.
- Calexico - The black Light. Another one I've been meaning to get forever but never got around to. Mexicana/country/rock/indie/folk mix. Its hard to explain. I love them so.


We have 4 places to go look at tomorrow. I'm hoping we see something we would actually want to live in. I thought it would be much easier then it has been. Who knew so many houses could be so depressing.

Wish me luck!

No comments: